Practical tips and techniques to help you develop earthwork estimates and better understand the variables that affect earthwork project costs. Some of the subjects covered in this manual include: site preparation; working with contour maps; determining stripped topsoil volumes; calculating cut and fill volumes; basement and trench excavation; swell and shrinkage; rock blasting and ripping; figuring roadwork costs and using mass haul diagrams.
Includes over 100 pages of current labor, material, and equipment costs for estimating most earthmoving and site work projects, including: dozing, excavating, scraping, loading, motor grading, ripping and soil compacting.
Also included in the download:
- Craftsman's National Estimator program, so you'll have everything you need to put this year's cost data to work immediately. A new Web-like search feature makes it easy to find the cost items you're looking for.
- Craftsman's Job Cost Wizard. Turns estimates into invoices and exports to QuickBooks.
- Free, automatic quarterly price updates throughout 2017.
All purchased National Estimator software programs are guaranteed to run perfectly on your Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP computer. Quarterly updates are free on the Web during all of 2017. Unlimited phone support is free from 8 AM to 5 PM (Pacific) M-F.
The National Estimator System Requirements:
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Note: 64-bit now supported.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- Requires up to 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution, video adapter and monitor.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- To listen to video tutorial - Sound card and speakers or headphones.
- DSL or Cable internet connection is recommended for automatic updates and other optional program features.