Current prices in dollars and cents and detailed descriptions for hard-to-find items needed on most insurance, repair, remodeling, and renovation jobs. All price items include labor, material, and equipment breakouts, plus special charts that tell you exactly how these costs are calculated. Includes many reinstall/salvage cost estimates, hundreds of sample product images and unique architectural items.
Book (print) edition includes free National Estimator download, an estimating program for Windows PCs. (Apple Mac, iPad and iPhone users, please see bottom of this page for more options.)
Included with National Estimator download:
- Job Cost Wizard turns estimates into invoices and exports to QuickBooks.
- Free technical support at 760-438-7828 x2 (Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm Pacific Time)
- Free quarterly cost data updates during 2017. An internet connection is required.
National Estimator System Requirements:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32- and 64-bit) operating system.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution, video adapter and monitor.
- Internet connection for automatic updates and other optional program features.
eBook edition is in text-searchable, PDF format and does not include estimating software.
Craftsman eBooks are copyrighted material, but you may copy/paste or print PDF eBook content for your personal use and re-download any time. Compatible with free Adobe Reader 6.0 or above. Get Adobe Reader.Attention Apple & Mac users:
Wasatch Digital Media offers an estimating app that uses Craftsman cost data. Click here for more info. iPad and iPhone users:
ContractorTools is another powerful estimating app that uses Craftsman cost data. Click here for more info.
- Great resource. Review by James B.
- I've been using these books and software for over 20 years. They're great, but I wish they were Mac compatible. (Posted on 1/16/2017)
- Worth its weight in gold. Review by C.R. Lamb.
- I started with National Renovation and Insurance Repair Estimator in 2006. My work involves preparing cost estimates to repair damaged properties in seven states. When I am in Ohio and need to know the cost of installation of 750 Square Foot of drywall in Hartford Connecticut, I insert the Zip Code, and I have my answer. Great Product, and invaluable to someone like me. I use a "self- made" program to present the estimate, but the ability to collect pricing information and be confident that I do not over-price or under-price an estimate is worth it's weight in gold. (Posted on 1/16/2017)