Current prices in dollars and cents for hard-to-find items needed on most insurance, repair, remodeling, and renovation jobs. All price items include labor, material, and equipment breakouts, plus special charts that tell you exactly how these costs are calculated.
Provides recommended crew sizes; average production rates; exact material, equipment, and labor costs; a total unit cost and a total price including overhead and profit. Separate listings for high- and low-volume builders, so prices shown are specific for any size business. Estimating tips specific to repair and remodeling work to make your bids complete, realistic, and profitable.
Book (print) edition includes free National Estimator download, a stand-alone Windows estimating program for Windows PCs.
Included with National Estimator download:
- Job Cost Wizard turns estimates into invoices and exports to QuickBooks.
- Free technical support at 760-438-7828 x2 (Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm Pacific Time)
- Free quarterly cost data updates during 2017. An internet connection is required.
National Estimator System Requirements:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32- and 64-bit) operating system.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution, video adapter and monitor.
- Internet connection for automatic updates and other optional program features.
eBook edition is in text-searchable, PDF format and does not include estimating software.
Craftsman eBooks are copyrighted material, but you may copy/paste or print PDF eBook content for your personal use and re-download any time. Compatible with free Adobe Reader 6.0 or above. Get Adobe Reader.
- Great reference. Review by Kenny Oswald.
- Great reference book. I use it all the time (since 2005). It has useful information for an estimator along with accurate labor and material costs. Can't beat that for the price. (Posted on 1/16/2017)
- Terrific. Review by J. Barnes.
- I'm a homeowner trying to renovate a 208 year old house. The Craftsman books were a godsend! Our contractors were amazed at the preciseness of our offers. I don't know how many actually bought their own copies but they surely wanted to see the estimate results. I can't say enough about the overall practical use of the Craftsman books. Just a terrific service all around. (Posted on 1/16/2017)