Current prices in dollars and cents for hard-to-find items needed on most insurance, repair, remodeling, and renovation jobs. All price items include labor, material, and equipment breakouts, plus special charts that tell you exactly how these costs are calculated.
Provides recommended crew sizes; average production rates; exact material, equipment, and labor costs; a total unit cost and a total price including overhead and profit. Separate listings for high- and low-volume builders, so prices shown are specific for any size business. Estimating tips specific to repair and remodeling work to make your bids complete, realistic, and profitable.
Includes a free download of the book's companion software with National Estimator, a stand-alone Windows estimating program. An interactive multimedia video that shows how to use the software to compile construction cost estimates is free at www.costbook.com. Revised annually.Included with National Estimator download:
- Job Cost Wizard turns estimates into invoices and exports both in QuickBooks
- Free Online Technical Support for the National Estimator Software
- Quarterly price updates on the Web are free during 2017. You'll be prompted when it's time to collect the next update. A connection to the Web is required.
- Great reference! Review by Kenny Oswald.
- Great reference book. I use it all the time (since 2005). It has useful information for an estimator along with accurate labor and material costs. Can't beat that for the price. (Posted on 10/25/2016)
- Terrific. Review by J. Barnes.
- I'm a homeowner trying to renovate a 208 year old house. The Craftsman books were a godsend! Our contractors were amazed at the preciseness of our offers. I don't know how many actually bought their own copies but they surely wanted to see the estimate results. I can't say enough about the overall practical use of the Craftsman books. Just a terrific service all around. (Posted on 10/25/2016)