66th Annual Edition - Current building costs for residential, commercial, and industrial construction. Estimated prices for every common building material, the labor cost to install the material and a total "installed" cost. For those jobs where you can't rely on your past experience to estimate, rely on the prices in this national standard of construction costs to get you safely in the ballpark.
Provides manhours, recommended crew, and the labor cost for installation of every job and practically every type of material in construction. Provides clear descriptions on what is included in the job being estimated so you know exactly what the job and the prices for that job entail. Every cost is carefully described. It even provides suggested crew sizes, and equipment rates.
Book (print) edition includes free National Estimator download, an estimating program for Windows PCs. (Apple Mac, iPad and iPhone users, please see bottom of this page for more options.)
Included with National Estimator download:
- Job Cost Wizard turns estimates into invoices and exports to QuickBooks.
- Free technical support at 760-438-7828 x2 (Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm Pacific Time)
- Free quarterly cost data updates during 2018. An internet connection is required.
National Estimator System Requirements:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32- and 64-bit) operating system.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution, video adapter and monitor.
- Internet connection for automatic updates and other optional program features.
eBook edition is in text-searchable, PDF format and does not include estimating software.
Craftsman eBooks are copyrighted material, but you may copy/paste or print PDF eBook content for your personal use and re-download any time. Compatible with free Adobe Reader 6.0 or above. Get Adobe Reader.Attention Apple & Mac users:
Wasatch Digital Media offers an estimating app that uses Craftsman cost data. Click here for more info. iPad and iPhone users:
ContractorTools is another powerful estimating app that uses Craftsman cost data. Click here for more info.
- My go to Pricing Guide Review by Bobbie J
- I am very pleased with my Craftsman National Construction Estimator. It is very accurate with pricing for materials in my area. Labor cost are also very close. It is easy to use and searching for tasks is easy with it's search window. It uses various terminology familiar to the local area so it makes it easy to search a task. The estimate and invoice function has made so easy to convert estimates to invoices for quick payment. The quick books has come in handy during tax time. I have been a user for about 10 yrs. I have recommended to other contractors and gifted it to some. It has made life better for me. (Posted on 2/1/2018)
- Great Reference Review by Kenny O.
- Great reference book. I use it all the time (since 2005). It has useful information for an estimator along with accurate labor and material costs. Can't beat that for the price. (Posted on 2/1/2018)
- Smart Investment Review by Jamie K
- You have presented me the tools I needed to accurately prepare an estimate. Because I lacked this information, we weren't winning bids, which meant no jobs. I can now prepare more accurate bids and spend less time doing so. And with more accurate bids PLUS more bids submitted, our chances of winning a few bids has increased exponentially! This is not just a smart business investment for us to help speed things up...I am confident that this will change a lot for our small business. Thank you again! (Posted on 2/1/2018)
- The Midwest Book Review Review by James C.
- National Construction Estimator is the definitive, up-to-date resource for quickly researching the costs for any residential, commercial, or industrial construction project in America. Covering labor & material costs, manhours and city cost modifiers, and virtually every construction project imaginable from concrete to insulation, plumbing, roofing, windows and much more. National Construction Estimator is filled cover to cover with easy-to-use tables for quick reference. National Construction Estimator is a “must-have” for any accountant or professional who needs to swiftly and efficiently estimate construction costs or generate invoices! (Posted on 2/1/2018)