An Illustrated Guide to CA Title 24 and the ADA Requirements for Accessible Design & Construction
This 6TH EDITION is fully revised & totally expanded with NEW illustrations based on the NEW 2016 California Building Code effective 2017. The California Accessibility Reference Manual (CARM) is a quick and easy-to-understand reference guide that presents, delineates and illustrates the requirements of accessibility found in the most current up-to-date publication of the California Building Code (CBC, 2016) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA, 2010). Through its clear, user-friendly format, language and illustrations, the CARM clarifies and explains the accessibility building requirements in a concise, straightforward, easy-to-comprehend and easy-to-follow way that will allow you to apply the federal and California requirements of accessibility to your work.
- NEW! Key Concepts sections that give an instant overview of the topics covered in each section.
- NEW! Highlights sections that present the information in an easy-to-understand, checklist format.
- NEW! Checklist sections, that present every requirement of the CBC T24 and ADA in an easy-to-follow checklist format, designed to ensure you meet ALL requirements of the CBC and ADA. Includes code exceptions and citations.
- NEW! Applicable Terminology Boxes that place the relevant definitions from the code into each section
- NEW! More than 1,000 New and Updated Illustrations!
- NEW! Dozens of detailed tables!
- NEW! ADA Advisory text.
- NEW! DSA Advisory text.