If you're a Nevada construction contractor, you need to be good at writing Nevada construction contracts.
Once installed on your Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP computer, Construction Contract Writer will make it easy to draft enforceable Nevada contracts that fit your jobs precisely and avoid the penalties imposed by Nevada and federal law.
- Nevada Revised Statutes 624.622 voids any contract clause which would waive rights granted by the Contractor Prompt Pay Act, 624.609 to 624.622.
- Nevada Revised Statutes 624.628 voids any contract clause which would waive rights granted by the Subcontractor Prompt Pay Act, 624.624 to 624.628.
- Nevada Revised Statutes Annotated 108.2457 voids any clause in a construction contract which attempts to waive statutory lien rights.
- Omission of the licensing or lien disclosures required by Nevada Revised Statutes 624.600 subjects the contractor to discipline by the Nevada State Contractor's Board (624.3013).
- Failure to comply with Nevada Administrative Code 624.695 to 624.697 (pool and spa contracts) makes the contract unenforceable.
- Violation of any provision of Nevada Revised Statutes 624.900 to 624.965 (pool and spa contracts) is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 6 months (1st offense), a fine of not less than $2,000 and imprisonment for not more than 1 year (2nd offense). A third or subsequent offense is a class E felony punishable by a fine not less than $5,000 and imprisonment for not less than 1 year.
- Omission of federal truth in lending disclosures required by 15 United States Code 1638 makes the creditor liable for both the overcharge and the debtor's attorney fees.
- Omission of disclosures required by 12 Code of Federal Regulations 226.15 extends the right of rescission to three years (rather than three days).
- Omission of insulation disclosures required by 16 Code of Federal Regulation 460 can result in an $11,000 fine.
When a job goes bad, you better have an iron-clad contract. Consider what happens if you get into a dispute before collecting final payment. An attorney for the other side won't be impressed with your two-page "legal in all 50 states" contract. Most likely, you'll discover that the signed agreement is either partially or totally unenforceable under state law. Game over! You lose. You're not going to collect another dime on that job. Fortunately, there's a better way.
Just answer a series of questions -- like an interview -- to construct a legal contract for each project you take on. Construction Contact Writer explains in plain English what you need to know before answering an interview question. If you know the job and you know what the job requires, Construction Contract Writer will do the rest.
Whether you are writing commercial or residential construction contracts, you'll be able to anticipate where disputes could arise and settle them in the contract before they happen. Then include the warranty protection you intend, the payment schedule, and create subcontracts from the prime contract.
Resolve key issues in your favor with bias control.
Many contract clauses in Construction Contract Writer suggest a bias that favors either the owner, the contractor or the subcontractor. That allows you to shift burden or risk to a particular party. Want to draft a contract that protects the property owner? No problem. Need an aggressive contract that pushes the limits in your favor? That's easy. Of course, if you just want a balanced and fair contract, Construction Contract Writer will do that too.
Need legal help drafting a contract?
Construction Contract Writer even includes a feedback button to an attorney on the Craftsman Book Co. staff to help if you get stumped. This service is free, and you can expect a response within 24 hours.
When you're done, save the contract for future use or modification at a later date. Print contracts directly or export to MS Word or Adobe PDF for electronic delivery or archiving on disk.
Construction contract law changes. But don't worry -- update subscriptions are available./b> Your contracts have to change to stay in compliance. That's why Construction Contract Writer includes an Update button. You'll be invited to click Update when a change affects the contracts you're drafting. A connection to the Web is required.
Even experienced construction contract attorneys will find plenty of useful reference material in Construction Contract Writer.
Construction Contract Writer cites local court decisions and code sections relevant to key interview questions.