If you're an Wisconsin construction contractor, you need to be good at writing Wisconsin construction contracts.
Once installed on your Windows computer, Construction Contract Writer will make it easy to draft enforceable Wisconsin contracts that fit your jobs precisely and avoid the penalties imposed by Wisconsin and federal law.
- Wisconsin Statutes Section 423.203(4) makes omission of the 3-day notice of cancellation a violation of Wisconsin Statutes Section 425.304 (1). The penalty is twice the amount of any finance charge up to $1,000 plus actual damages, including any incidental and consequential damages.
- Doing home improvement or repair work without a contract is punishable by a fine of not less than $25 and not more than $5,000 and up to a year in jail (Wisconsin Statutes Section 100.26-3). Violation also gives an owner or tenant the right to recover twice the amount of any loss plus reasonable attorney fees (Wisconsin Statutes Section 100.20-5) Wisconsin Statutes Section 779.135(2) voids any clause in a construction contract which would make work in Wisconsin subject to the laws of another state.
- Any attempt to make payment of a subcontractor or supplier contingent on receipt of payment by the owner is void under Wisconsin Statutes Section 779.135(c).
- Omission of the lien notice required by Wisconsin Statutes Section 779.02 forfeits the prime contractor's lien rights unless the conditions in Section 779.02(2)(c) are met.
- Wisconsin Statutes Section 779.135(1) voids any clause in a construction contract which requires waiver of lien rights.
- Omitting the notice required by Wisconsin Administrative Code ATCP Section 111.03 (basements) gives the owner the right to recover twice the amount of any loss plus attorney fees. Wisconsin Statutes Section 100.20.
- Omission of federal truth in lending disclosures required by 15 United States Code Section 1638 makes the creditor liable for both the overcharge and the debtor's attorney fees.
- Omission of disclosures required by 12 Code of Federal Regulations Section 226.15 extends the right of rescission to three years (rather than three days).
- Omission of insulation disclosures required by 16 Code of Federal Regulation Section 460 can result in an $11,000 fine.
When a job goes bad, you better have an iron-clad contract. Consider what happens if you get into a dispute before collecting final payment. An attorney for the other side won't be impressed with your two-page "legal in all 50 states" contract. Most likely, you'll discover that the signed agreement is either partially or totally unenforceable under state law. Game over! You lose. You're not going to collect another dime on that job. Fortunately, there's a better way.
Just answer a series of questions -- like an interview -- to construct a legal contract for each project you take on. Construction Contact Writer explains in plain English what you need to know before answering an interview question. If you know the job and you know what the job requires, Construction Contract Writer will do the rest.
Whether you are writing commercial or residential construction contracts, you'll be able to anticipate where disputes could arise and settle them in the contract before they happen. Then include the warranty protection you intend, the payment schedule, and create subcontracts from the prime contract.
Resolve key issues in your favor with bias control.
Many contract clauses in Construction Contract Writer suggest a bias that favors either the owner, the contractor or the subcontractor. That allows you to shift burden or risk to a particular party. Want to draft a contract that protects the property owner? No problem. Need an aggressive contract that pushes the limits in your favor? That's easy. Of course, if you just want a balanced and fair contract, Construction Contract Writer will do that too.
Need legal help drafting a contract?
Construction Contract Writer even includes a feedback button to an attorney on the Craftsman Book Co. staff to help if you get stumped. This service is free, and you can expect a response within 24 hours.
When you're done, save the contract for future use or modification at a later date. Print contracts directly or export to MS Word or Adobe PDF for electronic delivery or archiving on disk.
Construction contract law changes. But don't worry -- update subscriptions are available. Your contracts have to change to stay in compliance. That's why Construction Contract Writer includes an 'Update' button. You'll be invited to click 'Update' when a change affects the contracts you're drafting. A connection to the Web is required.
Even experienced construction contract attorneys will find plenty of useful reference material in Construction Contract Writer.
Construction Contract Writer cites local court decisions and code sections relevant to key interview questions.
- Impresses my customers. Review by Chuck P.
- This software is invaluable to my projects! I have used it for over a year now and it still impresses my customers. I’ve even had subcontractors tell me they never had signed a contract like these with primary contractors. Thanks for the great value of your product! (Posted on 6/28/2016)
- A real labor saver. Review by Adam.
- This software is a real labor saver. Also, knowing that I am presenting my clients a complete, legal document should give both parties [confidence] that the job will be run professionally. Thank you Craftsman Book. (Posted on 6/28/2016)