This book is designed to help a contractor, bookkeeper and their accountant set up and use QuickBooks Desktop specifically for the construction industry. No use re-inventing the wheel, we have used this system with contractors for over 30 years. It works and is now the national standard. By following the steps we outlined in the book you, too, can set up a good system for job costing as well as financial reporting.
What you can expect from purchasing this book:
Free QuickBooks Desktop file ready for you to copy to your computer and use. That file includes a customized Chart of Accounts, job costing and financial reporting.
Step-by-step directions on how to enter transactions properly, with a corresponding picture for those that like to read and look at a visual.
What you can expect to learn:
- Important information about subcontractors, W-9s, and 1099's.
- How to process payroll, including labor burden to jobs by phase.
- How to create an estimate so you can get estimate vs actual job cost reporting.
- Invoice a customer based on a Billing Schedule.
- What to do at the end of each month.
- How to pull financial reports.